Saturday, January 21, 2012

Vegas thus Far

So the AEE was pretty lame. Don't get me wrong, it was cool to see big shots in the industry, but the lack of access to the Trade Show was infuriating. Also lame was the fact that the SHOT Show, which is a gun industry trade show, was going on this week, but I didn't find out about it until late Thursday...too late to try and call in any favors to any of my connections in the shooting world to try and get access. The sights in Vegas are amazing though. Just wandering the strip and going in the various resorts is pretty cool. The Venetian has been my favorite by far. The architecture made me feel like I was back in Italy, which was pretty cool.

Food wise, Vegas has been killer. We had dinner Thursday night at Morel in The Palazzo. I had a fantastic Filet Mignon topped with Foie Gras. The steak was cooked perfectly rare, and the Foie Gras was the perfect complement to the leanness of the steak. The appetizer of raw oysters I had was also fantastic, the oysters were nice and plump, with no grit at all and a clean, oceanic flavor. The Pommes Frites we had along with the meal were cooked just right and the accompanying Truffle Mayo was out of this world. Our hotel, The Monte Carlo, also has a food court with a McDonald's and Subway, both open 24 hours, so late night munchies are always available. 

The Burning Angel Party last night at Sapphire was entertaining, but being that this is Vegas, Bottle Service is king and we didn't see a point in paying minimum 300 dollars for a bottle of booze that only one person was going to drink (since I don't drink anymore) so we basically had to stand around for an hour and a half. But the atmosphere was cool, and it was just an experience to be in a place that massive, puts every other Gentleman's Club I've ever been to to shame....but The Clubhouse in Dallas is still my favorite. Tonight we're gonna be keeping it low key, and we're just planning on heading over to Aria to have dinner at the Todd English Pub. This has been a nice albeit expensive vacation....but I'm getting a bit ready to head back home to my girlfriend and my Xbox 360. Oh well...just Sunday and Monday to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment